Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hulk: Red Hulk - The Review

Hulk: Red Hulk by Jeph Loeb

Recently I did a review for Hulk: Red and Green. At the time, I was unaware that it was part of a series, and I happened to be reading the second book. Soon, I learned the error of my ways and have since read Red Hulk, the first book in this series.


Let me start by saying that this story makes a lot more sense when you read it in order. It is also far more interesting. It gives you a solid feel for the loneliness that goes along with being the Hulk, and Loeb masters the internal dialogue of Bruce Banner. I also dig the mystery that comes along with reading this story. Who is the Red Hulk? You'll have to read it to find out, although a friend of mine has informed me that it is a question that remains unanswered until the 3rd book in the series. The plot line laid out is pretty cool. If you are a fan of Marvel comics, most of the Avengers are featured here and you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment